Sunday, September 19, 2010

Shame on 'Us'...

Why are humans the only sadistic beings? What makes them so?

Last evening, I saw something that shocked the living day-lights out of me... A live pigeon was tied to a branch of a tree in my colony, by its foot...

The bird struggled from time to time, and sometimes it just sat clueless more-so, helpless...

This was certainly a deliberate act done for an absolutely atrocious purpose...

I know that animals do not possess the power of reason... But in that very moment, I thought of what the bird might be feeling...

And I couldn't possibly imagine... 

I freed her with the kind help of the laundry-man... 

But i couldn't avoid reflecting on why someone would do something so heartless to a divine, beautiful and defenseless creature...

No such motive would ever suffice...

No comments:

Post a Comment